Sunday 1 May 2011

Day 9 . 01.05.2011

Thoughts on what to print on

I have a deep love for fine art, as I studied it in High School. I also grew up playing with oil paints, smelling newly stretched canvases, as well as feeling on the old and chipped easel my great-grandpa had in his studio.  I have also secretly always wanted to be able to paint, so printing my pieces on canvas and stretching it, contribute to my dreams of being an artist.
People usually print on canvas paper /sheets, or they print on watercolour paper, fabriano or the normal photo paper and frame it. It gives it a lustrous and professional look, which is always the best option. I won’t lie, it is much cheaper to print on canvas and stretch it, then printing on canvas and then framing it. It looks good both ways. It is also easier to manage when exhibiting, to have a stretched canvas piece that is. 
I took a few images of work in my home, to give you an indication of what I mean by sizing. My constant question is how far I am willing to go with sizes, and whether or not those particular sizes compliment one another.



Artisit : Me - This piece is size A2
( its landscape but slightly narrow in comparison to the previous piece)


 

                                           Artist : Poppy  -This piece is size A0 ( its landscape)



              Artist :   Zwelethu Mthethwa   This piece is size A0
( its landscape but slightly narrow in comparison to the previous piece)



                                                     
    Artist : Me     This piece is size A2 ( its landscape)


Decisions, decisions, decisions! I am fortunate to not be getting too much pressure from my printers, so I can look into more sizes and options in what to print on at a later stage. That’s all for today folks.

Checking out
Lees

No comments:

Post a Comment