Tuesday 10 May 2011

Day 18 . 10 .05.2011

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

I know, I am the least religious person on Earth, but I find so much beauty in this phrase, both in how it sounds, and in the fact that it is foreign to me, as I am normally greeted this way. Today I was greeted by a man of the Islamic faith and asked him what the full meaning of this phrase was. He replied by saying "Peace be unto you and so may the mercy of Allah and His blessings"

I felt a sense of warmth and love rush through my body. It’s the little things that give meaning to my life. The sense of solidarity in our people in this misunderstood country. It helped me cope with my day today.

Tonight, I have time. I say this with a huge grin on my face. I will focus on my exhibition admin and then hit the books. YAY! I do hope that I get some sleep this time. Surviving on faith is not permanent.

Checking out
Lees

No comments:

Post a Comment