Tuesday 17 May 2011

Day 25 . 17 .05.2011

Its 25 days into the process

These days have been the most crucial. Taking a concept and making it come to life is perhaps the most underrated thing I know. It’s a process that’s taken for granted by the observers and its lonely path is underestimated by the artist. It is the loneliest I have felt in a long time. What’s ironic about that is that this is the one time in my life, where I probably have the most people in my life joining me in this journey.

My cousin Leslie Nteta says “a little doubt is good, as it only makes you think twice about something, not change your decision.” I think that statement is very fitting for where my head space is at this point of the journey.

With Facebook and Twitter, everyone’s life is public and in the open, through words, ideas as well as pictures. This blog is slightly more intimate for me. I never grew up with a personal diary, and never believed in documenting my thoughts and feelings as a child. However, I am doing it now, based on a medium of art that feeds my spirit. There is no better feeling than that.

I would like to send a shout out to my number 1 fan and best friend Noxolo Mafu. This quirky and reliable character has been there throughout the process and way before it became a solid concept. Every time I found myself at a stop, not knowing whether I should go ahead with 131 days or any other projects I have had , this girl has managed to remind me what my goals are and how its temporary fear that might get in the way but should never determine the outcome. It only seems right to post a ‘thank message you’ on your birthday, so Happy Birthday and thank you mate.





Date: 2010
Medium: photography
Title: none
Location: Constantia, Cape Town
Subjects names: Noxolo Mafu

Checking out
Lees

No comments:

Post a Comment