Friday 13 May 2011

Day 21 . 13 .05.2011

A still moment in the chaos

As I predicted, Jana du Plessis would be the one person to understand my scattered ideas and help me to direct it. Things are falling into place slowly and I couldn’t be happier. My concept seems stronger and stronger every time I speak to my mentors and those who have experience in what I am trying to achieve. It’s finalized; my concept is solid and no longer generic.
Today is my day off and I feel like exploring the city on my own, as I used to when photography was still a fresh medium to me. I now understand why naïve art is so successful. I think it’s because its emotion is so pure (due to lack of knowledge) and there are no expectations when in the act, its simply fun. I hope I can find that again.
I am meeting Deryck van Steenderen tomorrow morning. I haven’t gone to Rococo Studio Gallery in a while, and I think its time to go in just to visualize the event. Visiting the place will remind me that there is no longer to take it day by day. It is time to work all day everyday.

Checking out
Lees

No comments:

Post a Comment