Friday 6 May 2011

Day 14 . 06 .05.2011

Happy news...

I am taking pictures that speak to me again. I am in such high spirits. The question I keep on asking myself is, “are these the images that I want to exhibit?”. I want to speak about the theme and post some of the images so badly, but I can’t as there would be no point in having the exhibition if I do. I haven’t shown my family, close friends or mentors (as of yet). At this point, I feel so alone in this process. Part of doing the whole art thing in general, is that there is always that one person, who you can go to and discuss, in depth, the '5 W's'.
The 5 W's are when, why, what, whom, where. These questions normally give one direction and a solid reason to their approach and an overall concept.

Besides spending a lot of time day dreaming about this exhibition, its ambience, the amount of people who will honour me with their presence, which people will come,  if they will understand my work, whether they will appreciate it , wondering if people are actually reading this blog and lastly, what I would possibly wear.

Tshakgi Mannya a young talented fashion junkie based in Johannesburg has offered to collaborate, in designing a dress for me to wear on my special night. She began her career in fashion in 2008, as a Lisof student. She decides to go into the business of fashion instead of design, also known as the commercial stream. She is inspired by everything and that’s what Aluxism means. Her brand, Aluxism is the movement of being inspired, but expressed through her own interpretation of her daily surroundings. Her fashion icons are Tom Ford, Elizabeth Taylor and Gavin Rajah as each has a quality she can identify with.

She has offered to collaborate in designing a dress for me, to wear on my special night. This is exciting. I have never had someone offer, to create a garment for me, let alone as a gift for my big night. Not only do I have to think of ideas for this exhibition, but now I have to think of colours and designs. 1st September is obviously not the Grammy’s so no ball gowns thank you. However, in celebration of a new start, first day of spring and me reaching a goal of mine, a feminine and long dress doesn’t sound too bad. The first colours that come to mind are yellow. I know, how typical, but I think it’s a beautiful and happy colour. I can’t wait to start this process. I have ideas in my head already. I could draw it, but bringing something as a dress design on paper, to life isn’t my forte. I have always had an appreciation for fashion, and I think a lot of my friends and family know that. That’s enough excitement for one day.

Checking out
Lees

 

No comments:

Post a Comment