Saturday 7 May 2011

Day 15 . 07 .05.2011

Happy Saturday

Yesterday was a great day for me. During my break from the classes I had, I found time to take some really strange images. I am beginning to feel the flow again and there is no stopping it now. My day was packed with classes yesterday and consulting lecturers, but in that time, I also managed to sneak in time to speak to some of them, about my ideas and concerns regarding my work for the big day. I don’t know what I would do without the people I have in my life. It seems as if everyone ALWAYS has ideas on the top of their head.
Things are falling into place.

My uncle Bobo Pemba is in the Cape Town. It’s about time. Texting, emailing and speaking over the phone is a great way of communication, but nothing beats a one on one kind of dialogue. He tells me he is already in the process of writing his speech. At least I can tick something else off the list of, ‘things to do’ lol. My week has been crazy, and so I will be spending time running the few errands that I have and doing my washing for heaven’s sake.

At 5pm, I have a fashion show (Parisian style) to attend at the luxurious Taj hotel. Lazuli, a brand that stands for fashionable, classy and fabulous women will be showcasing their debut line. More importantly it’s a family brand, the mom Foziah Cassim (founder and owner of Seven Ounce), daughters Layla Cassim (medical student at Stellies) and Zarah Cassim (Fine Art student at UCT) , have collaborated with two other brands in hosting an evening of splendor. I was in high school with these two lovely ladies. I won’t lie, I always had a feeling they would start something as great as this. They were forever hosting fashion shows back in the day.

Today I must read all my emails regarding this exhibition. This part isn’t fun but it must be done.

Checking out
Lees

No comments:

Post a Comment