Sunday 15 May 2011

Day 23 . 15 .05.2011

Contract day...eek

I received an email today from Deryck van Steenderen. This makes things so much more official. Now, I have been given deadlines to submit low resolution digital versions of the pieces that will be up, artist statement as well as my biography (CV). After reading the contract, I couldn’t help but laugh at the intensity of it all. I knew that I would have to do the digital versions of the pieces, but I never thought I would have to write an artist statement and biography. Both of the unexpected requests probably won’t be as in-depth as the past artists that have exhibited there have done. Let me not forget that I had a headache straight after reading it. This isn’t because there is any problem with it; in fact I couldn’t be more content with what must be done. I think I began to panic because the big day is getting closer and it’s more of a reality as the days decrease. Its 11:41pm and I still have that feeling in my gut.
CRAP! The idea of this exhibition is starting to make me question a lot of things. I can’t turn back and I don’t want to. I think I am overwhelmed by the idea of a solo. Being in a collaborative exhibition is enjoyable and straightforward, but this is a totally different kind of feeling. All my lovely and supportive friends remind me that if I need assistance, they are more than happy to be called upon, but in all honesty, I still have to be 100% hands on whether I am being helped or not.
Another issue I have is catering. I am not sure how many people will honour me with their presence, and so catering is something I have to really look into. Things will work out in the end, I am sure of that (touch wood).
Checking out
Lees

No comments:

Post a Comment