Thursday 5 May 2011

Day 13 . 05 .05.2011

Early Post…

My first lecture of the day starts at 11:30. So as planned, I would wake up slightly later than usual, and do all the ‘morning’ things I don’t get to do, like eating breakfast and walking around the house in my gown. It feels as if there is never time to do those kinds of things, and so when an opportunity presents itself, I am going in HARD. The weather is slightly off putting, but reality is that its autumn/winter and that summer and the sun will soon become foreign to us all in Cape Town.  

Woke up to a link sent by my lovely friend Asanda Sizani (Fashion Editor of Elle – this name dropping thing is weird but it must be done). If there is anyone in this world who knows something about timing, it’s her. I won’t go on about her, as I am guaranteed to get a message from her saying how embarrassed she is. “Invent your world. Surround yourself with people, colour, sounds and work that nourish you”. Just that on its own substantiates my statement in referring to her as a woman of timing.

I need to speak to my Creative Development lecturer about my idea’s for my exhibition today. I tried to look for her in that small campus of mine, but when it comes to looking for someone at Vega; it feels as if our campus is as big as UCT. Everyone is always on the move.  My Creative Development navigator (as they prefer to be referred to as instead of lecturer) is Carol-Anne Gainer. Now this woman is insightful. Not only does she work at Vega, but she is also an artist. We have many navigator’s working permanently and doing what they love freelancing , like Jana du Plessis ( copywriting navigator) with the launch of her book titled ‘Vat ‘n Gap’.  It’s great and makes everything they say entirely more subjective, which is always better.

Check this out for a whole lot of inspiration and words of encouragement. I feel different and much better, about the exhibition and in general, from yesterday because of this à

Checking out
Lees

2 comments:

  1. Asanda is a gem. a hard working woman. Who always want to see others rise with her.

    I loved the link it inspired me. Just by reading that i feel motivated once again.

    Keep at it Lees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn’t have said it any better, Asanda is a force to be reckoned with.

    Unwavering support Siki..thank you.

    ReplyDelete