Monday 9 May 2011

Day 17 . 09 .05.2011


Start of a new week

Its 114 days till 1st September.  I refuse to panic until I start counting down from 100.  Yesterday was great. Nothing beats a picnic with the family or anything else in fact. Assignments are pouring in and so I am spending all my time working, and at this point in time, have absolutely no time for any exhibition admin.
As I’ve said in my previous posts, I can’t upload any images that I have taken for the exhibition, let alone mention the theme, so I can only share with you pictures I have been taking for assignments and events.
I am doing a group work Creative Development assignment at school , which requires us to find a place or area in Cape Town ( that is of walking distance) to do research on and document through words , imagery , drawing and design. Out of all my briefs for this semester, this one, so happens to be my ultimate favourite.  We decided on doing the District 6 cafe in Darling Street in the city. The building next to the cafe is an old building that is home to the inhabitants, and a place that they share with people of different generations, race and religion, but are united in their combination of happiness and suffering.
However, on a more lighter note, the District 6 Cafe hosts an event,  Cold Turkey every 2nd Sunday. So, some of my group members and I went to go check it out, observing the scene for research and of course we managed to slip in some fun there and there. Here are some images from last night.




Zanele and Kitsi



Dionne and Kent


Lisa Ludski ( I know way too many Lisa's) , Mpilo and Latoya




Lisa Robertson and Stephanie



Ora and Unathi


Lisa Ludski , Mpilo and Latoya


 Jana and Alessandre


Luyanda and Kelly



Ali




Angelyn ,Wandile and Karabo


Myself and Stephanie


Checking out
Lees

No comments:

Post a Comment