Monday 13 June 2011

Day 52 . 13 .06.2011


I feel so loved today…


I conquered In Design today. I know I have made a big deal about it all day, but it really has been the highlight of my day.

 Thank you to all my friends and family members who have been checking up on me, all day today. I really feel loved and appreciated and to think my birthday is only in 3 days time. I can’t imagine how I will feel then. My exams are around the corner, and so that is all I have been worrying about. 

In Feb 2007, Craig Natives (Fashion designer) day/sport collection was shown at the Design Indaba. When I think of an exhibition, I think of that fashion show. I know, it sounds crazy, because my exhibition is all about photography and his ‘exhibition’ was of clothing. 

However, the common trait that both of these exhibitions will share is that everything will be united. I hope I am making sense. There is only one person who will understand what I am trying to explain, and that is Thandolwethu Pahlana.

Craig Native, not only did an amazing job with the chosen models, the garments and the B-Boy dancers in the beginning, but he played his own set. Now that killed me. The ambience that set conveyed was insane.

It made me realize that everything connects, from the music you play when you’re conceptualizing you ideas, the scenery of the city that inspires your work to the variety of cultures and personalities you come across that mould you as an individual.

Everything connects. I want that sensation I had 4 years ago at my exhibition. I want people to feel that emotion when they enter the room. I want people to feel moved.


Checking out
Lees

No comments:

Post a Comment