Friday 3 June 2011

Day 42 . 03 .06.2011

Productive meetings

The meeting at Rococo Studio Gallery went exceptionally well. We spoke about spacing, media coverage, the marketing of the event, how the drinks will be served, whether I will be using downstairs or upstairs to exhibit and the sizes of the pieces. I have never felt as great, after a meeting, as I did yesterday. Deryck van Steenderen, the general manager, has been so supportive throughout this journey. I really couldn’t ask for a better deal.

So the times have been confirmed. The doors will open at 6pm, the opening of the exhibition will officially commence at 7pm and then the night will come to an end at 12pm. Now that the times have been confirmed, I will be able to give Lisa Robertson (graphic designer) the information, so that the poster can be completed.

After this productive and exciting meeting, I left the gallery with the biggest grin feeling like thing are finally coming together. I find it so strange (this is the only word that best describes my feeling towards this) that this idea is becoming a reality. It’s been a lot of hard work, and as I always say, there is still so much to do.

I have exactly 89 days left, which is just under 3 months. I wonder how I am going to juggle exams, the vacation that I won’t compromise and the preparations for this exhibition. I’m keen for the challenge.


Checking out
Lees

No comments:

Post a Comment