Wednesday 8 June 2011

Day 47 . 08 .06.2011

Im on leave...

I am officially on a study break, which means less time in the city and more time indoors. I write on the 15th  and the 21st of June , which means I need to dedicate this short exam period to my books , and less to my personal projects , such as this exhibition. I am fortunate to have made a lot of progress from the day I started, and so I feel confident that things will work out as I had envisioned.
There is not much more I need to do for the exhibition, other than to work on my pieces, put up the poster (after it is done) in different places in the city, confirm with the alcohol sponsors about the times I would need them to deliver, and work on my facebook page and event when I am ready to invite people.
The gallery is taking charge of the print marketing strategy and approach and I will focus on the social networking aspect. This works perfectly, because I spend a lot of my time on the social networking sites anyway.
My birthday is exactly in 8 days (16th June), and I still don’t know what I am doing. I found this book Life on the Lower East Side, with photographs by Rebecca Lapkoff from 1937-1950’s and written by Peter Dans and Suzanne Wasserman. I love it and want it so much, and so I have decided it will be something I buy for myself on the day. I don’t remember last I decided to buy myself a present.  I’m surprised I found it in Cavendish at a shop called ‘The Space’ next to Vida e Cafe.

Checking out
Lees


No comments:

Post a Comment