Sunday 5 June 2011

Day 44 . 05 .06.2011

Inspiration


On the 14th post, which was on the 6th May, I mentioned that designer and stylist Tshakgi Mannya of Aluxism approached me, offering to do collaboration in designing a garment for me to wear on the night of the opening of my exhibition. As I said in the last post, she is inspired by everything and that’s what Aluxism means. Her brand, Aluxism is the movement of being inspired, which is expressed in her own interpretation of her daily surroundings through fashion.

Ms Mannya is in Cape Town for the weekend and on Friday when we met, which was tons of fun, she mentioned ideas of creating a jumpsuit. One can never go wrong with a jumpsuit. She proposed using lace for the top half of it, and still hasn’t thought of the material for the bottom half. I love lace. If I had to give personality traits to the material lace, I would say it is sensual, feminine and understated. However, she also mentioned tea stains on the material. These are just ideas, so I will confirm the final design when I see her later on today.

I spent the day outside. I never thought it was this possible to experience so many moments of seeing beauty. This week’s weather was bewildering, as some days would start off warm and then an hour later extremely cold. The Gods were moody this week and finally today, they were at peace. My phone is giving my problems and so I can’t upload the image I took, and I didn’t take my camera with because I was walking the dogs. Have a beautiful Sunday and good luck to all those writing exams.

Checking out
Lees

No comments:

Post a Comment