Monday 6 June 2011

Day 45 . 06 .06.2011

 
The outfit, the after-party and the poster….

My designer, Tshakgi Mannya of Aluxism, is going back to Johannesburg this evening. I shall miss her, but at least we were able to narrow down the many options that we had spoken about as well as collected together, since we last spoke about collaborating.  I am excited to see what she comes up with, as we are in separate cities so I won’t be able to be a part of the creation every step of the way.
I almost forgot about focusing on what I would like to do after the opening of the exhibition. Normally people host big after-parties, but I would like to go to a place that caters for both markets, that is central and has an amazing vibe on a Thursday night, and the only place that came to mind was The Waiting Room, which is above Royale Eatery in Long Street. I emailed Simone, one of the managers, and asked whether it would be possible to have those who are keen to jam afterwards there and she agreed. The idea isn’t to have a private party, but for my guests to go somewhere afterwards, to hang out and listen to good music and obviously celebrate the success of the opening. She mentioned that the DJ’s will be playing their set from 9pm, so everyone could come along after the opening as the please and that they will be no cover charge. YAY!

I spoke to Lisa Robertson, (who is the graphic designer working on the poster) to inform her on where I would like my guest to join me after the exhibition, so that she would include that information on the poster. She will be working on the poster this week and by next week, it should be ready. I can’t wait to see how it looks. I am fortunate to be working with people who completely understand my vision and who know me, and so I am able to let them do their own thing without any anxiety from my side.

Happy birthday to my friend of many years and supporter of 131 days (right from the start), Palesa Sankoloba, I hope your day was amazing.

Checking out
Lees

No comments:

Post a Comment