Wednesday 27 July 2011

Day 96 . 27 .07.2011


I went to my mentor today, and I showed her my collection. We spent an hour discussing each image, its strength and its weakness. It was great receiving a more experienced artist’s opinion and also looking at the images I see so often in a different view point.

I shared with her, my biggest fear about this whole journey, and that was what if the viewers don’t understand my work I would be crushed. She laughed at me, saying that they probably won’t. If she is able to laugh about it all, then I should too. 

She reminded me that everyone has a different opinion on what works and what doesn’t, but what matters the most is when one is confident and proud of their own work.
I am proud of my collection, so I guess that is all that matters. Thank you J  (you know who you are.)


Checking out

Lees

No comments:

Post a Comment