Tuesday 12 July 2011

Day 81 . 12 .07.2011



The lovely Tshakgi Mannya, who is designing a garment for me, for the opening of the exhibition, is in town. As expected, she would tell me to drop everything I had planned and go with her to the Cape Town Fashion Week dinner launch hosted by AFI in Mouille Point; at an Italian restaurant we locals love, called Pepenero. AFI's aim is to promote and develop South Africa and African fashion and bring it into the mainstream. The night was great and everyone in the room looked so stylish. I met a lot of fun and warm people and found myself clubbing with them later.

Allana Finley (Marketing manager of AFI) welcomed us all with a great introduction about the purpose of the night and Dr Precious Moloi-Motsepe (Chairperson of AFI - African Fashion International) spoke to us about Africa's vision for fashion and how it effects the economy, how it contributes positively to our continent socially and how far we have come as a continent in the world of fashion.

I bumped into my friend Kwena Baloyi (Fashion Assistant for Drum) and finally met Oratile Seabela (new Fashion Editor of Drum) who is so genuine and warm. Our table was filled with women, which resulted in a lot of gossip and laughter.

Thank you to the AFI team for an amazing night. I am looking forward to a week of fashion.


Checking out

Lees

No comments:

Post a Comment