Friday 8 July 2011

Day 77 . 08 .07.2011

I have had the best morning ever…

I managed to wake up around 6:00am for my meeting at 8:30am. Yes it was painful, but that was the only time I could see Deryck today.  As I said in yesterdays post, I would be bringing along, my friend Vuyi Mayosi with to see the gallery and my overall vision. She gave the venue thumbs up, which makes me feel great.
At this point, I have given Deryck everything he needs. He called me the most efficient artist that he has worked with and that was just the highlight of my day.  We discussed the important things such as media coverage, where things would be placed, drinks on the night, music, to the small things such as white backdrops and tri-pods. This meeting confirmed that I am on track and that everything is coming together.
Vuyi and I went out for breakfast in Greenpoint and took a little morning hike on Signal Hill. I love knowing that I stay in the most beautiful city. Now I am back home and I will probably be working on the extra idea’s I have for the exhibition and not just the opening.
Shout out to Deryck van Steenderen. You have made this process so much fun. Thank you J

Checking out
Lees

No comments:

Post a Comment