Wednesday 31 August 2011

Day 131. 31 .08.2011

11:30

131 DAYS HAS ARRIVED!!!!!


1 day away from the night of the opening….

I cannot believe its a day before the opening of the exhibition. We have reached the 131 day mark , of blogging and documenting the process leading up to the actual day of the exhibition. It has been extremely challenging , working everyday to ensure  that this exhibition is everything I had envisioned it to be. I realized that not everything is perfect , but I do hope it is close to it. 

Surprisingly I woke up feeling calm today. This doesn't mean I am not nervous , nor am I feeling ultra confident. I have left it in the hands of the Art Gods lol. I am looking forward to seeing the outcome of 131 days. 

I did my make-up trial yesterday and I too , tried on my garment for the first time. I am extremely happy with everything. What excited me the most about the make-up trial is that I didn't start crying when the eyeliner was applied on the bottom area of my eye. People grow up after all. 

After meeting up with my glam team , I met up with Emkay from Doepelganger. Oooooohhhhhhweeee the mix is sick. I love it , I love it and I love it. 

I have packed the last few cases of wine in the car , as well as the other things that need to be delivered. After my classes today , I will be heading to the gallery ,  to see the pieces up on the wall for the first time , and perhaps even check out the music system. 

131 days will continue to exist. I will start on a new project every year , from the 23rd April - 1st September , where I focus on a different sphere of the arts. Thank you to everyone who took the time to look through my blog , tweet about it on Twitter , put up the poster as their BBM display picture , mention it on Facebook , sing praises about the concept and support me in any form that I haven't mentioned. 


THANK YOU



Checking out
Lees

3 comments:

  1. Can you post the name of the song & artist with the lyrics "there's a life in my womb and it's breathing my air"? You're the only one I can find online who seems to know this song?

    By the way congratulations and good luck with your exhibition! I like your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That song is called 'Womb' and the artist is Niko. She is signed to ATIC records.

    ReplyDelete