Sunday 24 April 2011

Day 2 . 24.04.2011

Ola

I just dropped off my sister at work. Being awake at 8:15 is never something to smile about. So I am up for the day. Today is the second day, but unfortunately, I don’t want to work on anything. It’s my Dads birthday, so I have an excuse. To be honest, in theory, this exhibition will be one of those that the public remember, but there is a lot to be done.

I realised that I don’t want to exhibit the images that I already have, but instead create a bizarre theme and base my exhibition on something a little more conceptual. I still haven’t thought of the actual theme, but I know it will come to me in the most unforeseen moment. I also have to generate a lot of capital for this event and printing and anything and everything that I will have to pay for.

I know your most likely thinking 'this girl is crazy' and 'why is she making things so official if she has no money?’.  The answer is I am crazy and broke. However with me, is a dream that can’t seem to put aside. I am a naturally focused woman who goes for all the impossible and I believe in myself. All I really need is a dream, the discipline to work a little bit everyday, passion and a little charm to get what I want  *wink*.  So I am not worried, not one bit.

Deryck emailed me asking for a biography. I’ve been at this photography voyage for 5years now and I still have so much to learn.  Ha, this biography is going to be exceptionally short in comparison to those who normally have solo's. So I will carry on doing and learning in the process. 

Its 8:26 and I only have breakfast on my mind. The plan for the day is that I meant to go to Vortex with my cousin Lumka Nteta, but life is way too chilled in Cape Town, so plans are forever changing. I am hungry, so I am out.

Checking out
Lees

No comments:

Post a Comment