Saturday 23 April 2011

Day 1 . 23.04.2011

My name is Anelisa Mangcu.

I take pictures. It’s what I do best. I do a lot of other stuff, but what comes naturally to me is taking pictures, the other stuff I work hard for.

This blog is called 131 days because in 131 days, I will be having my debut solo exhibition. CRAZY I TELL YOU. I have been discarded so many times in my life, and recently by 15 galleries (which I won’t name) that wouldn’t accept my application to exhibit in their spaces. That’s alright. I found a place now. Rococo Studio Gallery is the name of the gallery.

I think I should thank whoever the higher spirit is for guiding me to this gallery, because it’s perfect.  It’s a two floor brick walled building, it has a natural warm ambience, wooden floors and it’s in the corner of Buitenkant. It’s sick. I have been planning this for a long time. I think planning is great, but I delayed this because the timing was never right but now it is.

I’m hoping this blog will serve the same purpose that a sketchbook does for an artist , and that is to document the journey ,  reveal my every thought ,  my mistakes , any doubt that I may have throughout this process and evidently , see my progression from the start to the beginning. I say beginning because, I believe there is never an end to something. It all just carries on to other things. I hope I am making sense.

My first meeting with the gallery's general manager, Deryck van Steenderen, went well on Thursday 21.04.2011, so after two days of celebrating, its time to begin grafting.

Checking out
Lees

2 comments:

  1. Super proud of u hey...this is great! Can't wait for day 131 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Fatz. I cant wait to see the outcome. Appreciate the support

    ReplyDelete